Nothing Is Nature's Default, So...

My rambling was promised
so the devil don't see me twice.


Rambling all promised, devil

won't see me no more.


Then, I got to LA. Was myself

for one day. Find the devil

right there somewhere

I was? Santa Monica Blvd.?

Dance floor, yes! Club Getty.



She had eyes of sky and sea,

moved like a watermocassin.


Eyes of sky and sea, lord,

just like a watermocassin.


Oh, and me, I see the future,

or a fraction of what's to happen,

a slow slipping mist thrown off

by a giant cloud and sight inside

not far from my forehead. Love.



And I'd tell her who I was, protect her

from a man who loves the road.


Tell her who I was, save her fast

from a man sworn down the road.


How she made each night, her way,

and gets me swirly, in a dream, hers,

and I got to say she was stronger

than whoever me whatever road.

But it wasn't her got me to leave.



can't wait until I'm gone, man,

find all the places wonder hides


the road waited till I'm gone, man,

all the holy places lie


Outrun the devil? Yes. Wondertrain

the road. This message made for you.

Just safer on the run. So much here

moves slow as a broken toy truck.

The fast don't need to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment